Happy Sunday to all! What a lovely morning - cold cheeks and chilled ears from a sunny morning in the Fall. I went to Bridge of Hope this morning (which meets in the theatre). It had a nice Arsenic and Old Lace house setting. I really enjoyed the service and there were lots of people there - hooray for parents weekend!
Yes Parents weekend was this weekend. Uncle Bill came to visit and so I got to spend some time with him at Mahaffy's, showing him my apartment, at the music festival and an ice cream social. It was SOOOOOOOO wonderful seeing him. Family is such a blessing! And Grandpa and Grandma showed up as well. I saw them after the music festival Friday - that was fun. They met Jason...you can ask Grandpa for details ;-)
So yes I have been busy with fun this weekend (I also ushered for the play - see earlier writing to guess which play Dordt is doing right now) and I will be busy this week again. I get to do a science experiment among other school related things - life tastes good.
Along with Uncle Bill came a rather large assortment of chocolate from my dear parents (aren't they sweet?). My room is quite sweet right now - who knew that Mr. Big's came in extra-large size chocolate bars? If any of you feel the need for chocolate - swing by before it disappears and you can have some!
This afternoon I get to go to Mahaffy's for dinner - yay for Sunday soup! And I get to see RUTH!!!!!! She's HERE!!!! Please understand that the exclamation marks are to display my excitement which may not be evident in my writing.
Anyway, I think I'll be heading over there soon - so long!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I can't wait to get the scoop on Jason from Grandpa :-). I remember meeting him at goodies at the Rec Center the weekend I was at Parent's weekend.---Didn't know then that he would turn into one of the goodies;-)
It is fun to read your blogs now and then.
akv
Okay, back up. Jason? Now, at least give us a clue as to how important he is, please:)!
Hooray - I got comments on my blog! Oops I forgot that I hadn't mentioned this to you all before...Yep Jason is a good guy. Oh yah, you did meet him Aunt Leedy - he was wearing his sweet blue hoody with the fish on it. I missed you at parents weekend this year. So this is weird, but I just winked at you Rachel as I laughed at your comment. Hopefully no one saw me winking at the computer :)
Thanks for commenting. Oh and I would say Jason is important. He's a very good friend of mine.
:-D
Since all these comments seem to be about Jason, I will add my 2 cents' worth. He is nice - a quality guy, and his cousin and his roommate's sister work with me. Small world, eh?
Post a Comment