Wednesday, July 18, 2007


Well I got promoted to working outside today. Hard work on the back, but a bit better pay. Rainy this week so I went out and bought rainpants today. They're super cool yellow. I'm grateful to be working. But living in B.C. has benefits and struggles. Union is having a vote tomorrow to strike. Whenever you read this, please pray. I reall ydon't want to strike but don't know enough about the reasoning yet to vote. Perhaps I shall find out more tomorrow and then cast a vote.
In other news...
Life is good. God is good. I still have work this summer. Our house is usually full of people. Smitherines were here awhile, James and Lynola, Lynnea and Jason have been around. Seinens are currently residing with us. But only til Saturday :( Then we get to move them which will be fun and I"m sure good for them to be in their new home too but we'll miss them.
This past weekend I went to Harrison Lake and swam across the little pool part, got somewhat sunburnt, looked at art work etc. It was fun. Also slept over at Jan's - got to see her new place which is beautiful and has yummy cherries. We shopped, talked, slept, and then joined my family for Harrison b4 coming home to make pizza, eat pizza and just have a jolly good time.
This is a recent picture of myself this summer. Hope you all like it!

7 comments:

Lynola said...

very recent indeed. Lovely picture, darling!
Je t'aime.
And yes, your pants rock.

John said...

Will be praying regarding the possible strike and the work situation.

Uncle John (or at least one of them)

Anonymous said...

I'll remember you in pray and I love the picture!!! :)

NWPopje said...

You have a great attitude! Keep up your hard work! I'm sure you look adorable in your yellow pants. Maybe you should treat us to another picture:)? Other than iffy work stuff it sounds like you are having an awesome summer with family and friends. Yahoo!!!

KirbeeLee said...

Shelly dear, you are crazy just like your picture. Of course, that is a compliment:)

Thanks for the card, it was quite lovely

KirbeeLee said...

Ooh. And can I call you sometime (collect)? I'll use your trick of "Decline". Email and let me know what your weekend schedule looks like.

ShellFish said...

Hey all, thanks for your prayers,
The strike vote went through - 100%
(I didn't vote - didn't think I should)
But right now there's mediation which will go til at least August. If we go on strike in August and i"m still working there, I think it'll be about time to quit for the summer anyway.
Wow. All those comments that's awesome. Thanks y'all!