Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Summer!

Well folks, we're just over half way to Christmas now and I've been humming Christmas music for all of the 3 weeks I've been at work. Yes I have been working. After all that fun I've had this summer it's time to buckle down and smell the trees. They smell good, the rubber gloves - not so much. I picked up my formerly - had job and am grading, wrapping and boxing seedlings again. It's been 3 weeks and I hope it will be about 6 more. This job is helping me pay for school. God is gracious and thus, I have a job and quite close to home. I am also able to work days and can see my family!
This weekend I biked out to the dyke and proceeded to get soaking wet with Jason when God sent beautiful rain. We had a good time and I was grateful to have warm dry clothes to change into as well.
Oh yah, and I went 5 pin bowling with my family and Jason and Janice. First time seeing Jan since California so that was fabulous (she even came over for ice cream afterwards!!) and Jason's first time doing 5 pin (I think he might have won...)
This coming weekend I hope to be moving cousins, an aunt and uncle, and a brother (mine to be precise). And perhaps I'll even make it down to the states for a bit on the 4th of July. We'll have to see about that though.
Anyway, such is my life currently. Hope you're all doing well. If so, or if not, send me an e-mail. I want to pray for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear from you again!!! And I'm VERY glad to hear things are going well!!! I'm busy with Dordt Discovery Days and on Friday (the last day where we show our parents what we did) right after all the showing I will go babysit from 7:45ish till 12:00-12:30-1:00ish, something like that!!! L-O-N-G day!!! I celebrated my birthday and got my driving permit and the first day I ended up driving on the road!!! WOW!!! A little scary!!!! :-o I miss you and will be glad to see you soon!!!

Ruth said...

i love you!
i agree. rubber gloves smell gross. they're starting to make me gag, and i don't gag easily.
have fun moving people. :-)