Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Alive and Well

I made it! I am back home in Iowa and only 18 hours late! The good news is that I got to spend 10 of those extra hours with my cousins Timothy and Catherine, in Denver. The bad news is that we were late because we had a head on collision with a guy driving the wrong way down the hwy. On our bus, 11 out of 40 some odd people went to the hospital by ambulance or airplane. At least according to the article, these people were okay but they didn't sound like it when I was sitting near them. 2 seats ahead of me was a guy with pain all up his spine and neck, 2 seats ahead of me and to the left was a guy who couldn't walk because of his knee, right next to me - the lady who had the window seat got glass in her eye. In the very front, the lady had a hit her head. To be honest my heart feels like it's beating faster just writing about this. I left without any scratches on me that I've seen. But it's hard to say 'thank-God I'm safe' because although I am safe and I didn't get hurt, a lot of other people did.
I am, however, very glad to be home and in one hour I'll even get my luggage. God is good. All the time. My first big accident. I didn't like pulling glass pieces from my hair 24 hours later but now I've showered and put on clean clothes and I feel so much better.
Anyway, thanks for everyone who prayed. And thanks to you who didn't know but still care :)
Signing with love.
PS Here's a site I think Uncle John Vis found about the accident:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0325on-bus25.html

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad to hear your ok (even if I already knew that)!!! I missed you and can't wait to see you again soon!!! I've got your birthday present ready finally!!! See you soon!!!

James said...

I am so glad you are ok and made it safely back to Sioux Center. I love you.

NWPopje said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How scary! I'm so glad that you are safe with no injuries! We will pray for the other not-so-fortunuate travelers, that they heal quickly. Love you!

ShellFish said...

Thanks for praying Rachel!

Hannah said...

Wow! I didn't know about that! What a crazy thing to happen. I'm glad you're alright!

Lynnea Vis said...

Michelle, I am so glad I could come pick you up. And I am so glad you are ok. I'm also glad that you had a fabulous time with your big sis! I will have to go see her soon! Love you!

Ruth said...

Wow, Michelle -- Hannah told me about the accident but I'm still scared in looking back! Praise God you're alright, and that everyone else on the bus was at least pretty close to alright.
Love you!

Lynola said...

someone at church gave me a copy of the article (but no picture). I could send it to you if you're interested...if I can find it back!

David Mahaffy said...

Wow! Glad you were in the larger vehicle.